...he looked over the edge...into infinity...and there in front of him was what he'd been searching for...a peanut butter sandwich...with jelly...he knew the search would continue until he found...milk.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Wet weekend in Yakima...

Emerging from a weekend of around the house DIY's. It rained off and on all weekend. Planted 13 arborvitaes along the back fence ( a future privacy thing) between the wet times on Saturday. Hung mirrors and worked on sundry projects on Sunday. All in all a very suburban weekend.

Did look to the computer a couple of times and as usual I had to get my fix of Talking Points Memo. Politics is like a car wreck to me...a disgusting sight that is hard to look away from...I suppose the carnage to morality and ethics is what keeps my attention.

I would like to point to a site that has also captured my attention. It is Contrary Brin (Brin and Talking Points are links that are at the sidebar of this blog), a modernist view of the coming collapse (and some prescriptive cures) of our once proud and vibrant political system.

David Wilson

No comments: